Saturday, February 5, 2011

Silly Romans

So I don't have a whole lot of time, but I wanted to make a post. I was trying to think of an idea for my blog title, and I was hell-bent on something mythical. Didn't turn out that way. But, I did remember watching an episode [please don't ask me the title of the show or the channel because I don't remember] on ancient Rome.  I purposely digress... ever wondered why it was considered unladylike to wear your hair down instead of up and in a bun? It's not just a fashion statement. I could be wrong about the emperor, but, I believe when Augustus took power, prostitutes were legal but they had to register and could never, ever change their occupation. They had to dress a certain way in order to make their occupation clear. Part of the dress code: They were not allowed to wear their hair up, it always had to be down. So, please don't think I'll always be posting about prostitutes, but I thought it was interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment